Easter is just around the corner! Time flew by and you’re not prepared to celebrate it while the kids are stuck stuck at home. You need fast and easy indoor Easter activities for kids and family!
WHAT TO DO AT HOME FOR EASTER
This being unusual circumstances being on quarantine and stuck indoors, it doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate Easter. Just change your mindset and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to prepare and enjoy celebrating Christ’s Resurrection.
There are a lot of activities you can do indoors to celebrate the season. You will find a variety of things to do at home that will still make Easter fun not only for the kids but for the entire family. You can do a unique Easter egg hunt at home for the kids and many more!
You could even start a new family tradition by doing Easter indoors!
*DISCLOSURE: This post contains copyrighted material or images the use of which have not been specifically authorized by the owner. These are being shown only for purposes of dissemination of information as to the availability of the products or services of the copyright owner.
- WHAT TO DO AT HOME FOR EASTER
- Make Easter Eggs at Home
- Decorate Easter Eggs
- DIY Easter Eggs
- Play an Indoor Egg Hunt
- Do a Scavenger Hunt
- More INDOOR Easter Activities for Kids AND FAMILY
- Focus on Christ Centered Kids Activities
- Download Printables For Easter Activities
- Make Easter Art and Crafts
- Learn From Educational Easter Activities
- Play Fun Indoor Easter Games
- Hold Family Games Indoors
- Make Easter Fun for Adults
- Watch Easter Themed Family Movies with the Kids
- Whip up Yummy Food for Easter
- KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- Create Memories And Traditions for Easter
Make Easter Eggs at Home
Of course, this is the expected and traditional thing to do during this season: Make Easter eggs! You may opt to use plastic toy eggs or make your own using hard boiled eggs.
The Best Method For Hard Boiling Eggs
To make boiled Easter eggs, follow these tips by University of Minnesota Extension:
- Place a single layer of eggs in a saucepan.
- Add cold water to come at least 1 inch above the eggs.
- Cover and bring the water to a boil; turn off the heat.
- Let the eggs stand covered in the hot water for 15 minutes for large eggs, 12 minutes for medium, and 18 minutes for extra large.
- Immediately run cold water over the eggs; when they are cool, drain and refrigerate.
Preventing Your Eggs From Cracking
- Don’t place the cold eggs from the fridge in the hot water on the stove
- Place the eggs in cold water and then turn on the cooktop.
Waiting Time After Boiling Eggs Before You Dye Them
- Refrigerate hard-cooked eggs before dyeing them and keep them refrigerated when you are not using them.
- Do not leave eggs out of the refrigerator for more than two hours.
Storing Hard Boiled Eggs
Refrigerate any unused eggs, still in their shells for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Decorate Easter Eggs
Now it’s time to decorate the eggs! There are a TON of ways to decorate your Easter eggs. Choose from these awesome resources your egg designs. Have fun!
- When decorating the eggs, be sure to use a food-safe dye and work with chilled, hard-cooked eggs.
- Consider coloring one set of eggs for decorating or the egg hunt and another set for eating.
- Hard cooked eggs should be used within one week of cooking.
What To Fill Plastic Easter Eggs With For Kids
When using plastic eggs, what do you usually fill them with? Candy! But here are some great ideas on what to fill Easter eggs with besides candy.
DIY Easter Eggs
Don’t want to use hard boiled eggs or plastic eggs? How about making your own DIY Easter eggs!
This year, we will be making our own eggs just for added crafts and fun. Check out these wonderful DIY Easter egg ideas!
Play an Indoor Egg Hunt
Being stuck at home doesn’t mean you can’t play an Easter Egg Hunt. How different is playing it outdoors from indoors? Well, instead of hiding the eggs under plants, leaves and rocks, you hide them under common household stuff in different rooms of the house.
Check out my 21 Unique Easter Egg Hunt at Home for Kids where you learn creative ideas for your egg hunt!
Doing an egg hunt indoors can be just as fun as doing it outdoors! Check out these other fun ideas!
Where To Hide Easter Eggs Inside
There are a whole lot of places to hide Easter eggs inside the house. The sky’s the limit! Well, in this case, your house is the limit. Find great ideas on where to hide the eggs indoors.
Do a Scavenger Hunt
Make Another alternative to doing an Egg Hunt is an indoor scavenger hunt. Put clues inside the eggs to hunt for the next egg up to the golden egg or Easter basket. Or give a list of clues for the kids to solve to get to the eggs or hidden prize. Or just let them find the items in the list so they can get their reward. You can make your Easter scavenger hunts as exciting and fun indoors.
How To Make An Easter Egg Clue
You can make up your own scavenger hunt clues or just check out the list below and print them out. These come in riddles for the kids to solve to get to the next clue. It’s just like a treasure hunt with clues as steps to follow just like a map. Check them out!
How To Give Clues To A Treasure Hunt
You can write the clues or print them on pieces of paper and tuck them inside the plastic eggs. Using hard boiled eggs? You can tape the clues to the bottom of the egg. Or you can simply have a list of clues on a sheet of paper to hunt for specific eggs hidden in specific rooms. They can then check off the item or clue in the list and proceed to the next one til they get to the prize egg. Be creative!
More INDOOR Easter Activities for Kids AND FAMILY
What can you do instead of Easter egg hunt? Don’t want the typical scavenger hunt? Here are more activities kids can do during the Easter season instead of an egg hunt.
Focus on Christ Centered Kids Activities
The reason for the season is Christ’s Resurrection. You may opt to teach kids more about this by doing Christ centered activities. Check out these awesome ideas!
Download Printables For Easter Activities
Print out these easy printable activities for kids to enjoy this Easter. No mess, no preps. Just print and enjoy!
Make Easter Art and Crafts
Don’t want to make and decorate Easter eggs? Make arts and crafts instead! This is a great family bonding experience that will make the kids enjoy Easter all the more. Make cards, decorations and gifts for family. Kids will be proud of their handicraft.
Learn From Educational Easter Activities
Easter eggs can be educational as well! Surprise the kids when you teach them all about Science and Math doing these activities at home.
Play Fun Indoor Easter Games
Here are some fun Easter games for kids to play indoors!
Hold Family Games Indoors
Everyone in the family can have fun playing these Easter themed family games. Here are some fun family games you can play to celebrate this season!
Make Easter Fun for Adults
What can adults do for Easter? Let’s not leave out the adults in celebrating the season. Here are some awesome ideas for adults to do during Easter.
Watch Easter Themed Family Movies with the Kids
Family movies = Family bonding! Who doesn’t want to watch movies with the kids? Here are some great Easter themed movies you can download, stream or watch on Netflix or Youtube.
Whip up Yummy Food for Easter
After all the fun and games, everyone is bound to get hungry. What do you serve? Here are some easy, yummy Easter treats to whip up for the family!
Create Memories And Traditions for Easter
To sum it all up, Easter is celebrated by families all over the world. But staying indoors this year should not deter you from creating wonderful memories and new traditions. Try the wonderful ideas here:
- Make Easter Eggs and decorate them.
- Hold an Easter Egg Hunt or Scavenger Hunt indoors.
- Download and print out Easter Printables for kids to answer, color or make crafts from.
- Focus on Christ centered activities to teach kids more about the reason for Easter.
- Make arts and crafts as a family activity to make Easter more memorable.
- Teach kids with Science experiments, Math and Literacy activities this season.
- Play indoor games for the kids, adults, and the entire family.
- Watch Easer themed movies to learn valuable lessons about Easter.
- Cook up breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts with the whole family.
Remember the reason for the season: Christ’s Resurrection. It is a wonderful reason to celebrate with our loved ones. Do these fast and easy indoor Easter activities for kids and family!
SHARE THE LOVE!
If you liked this post, please SHARE it and leave your COMMENTS below! Happy Easter!
Inspired or want to save this for later? PIN this to your Easter Pinterest Board!